In a world where we tend to accumulate everything: information, products… it is sometimes good to go back to basics and simplicity, especially when it comes to skin care routines. This new trend called “skinimalism” is an invitation to apply only the essentials to your skin for a clear complexion and a healthy glow.
Is it effective? And what’s behind this minimalist concept? Discover all the secrets of a pared-down skincare routine in this article and the reasons for its growing popularity.
What is skinimalism?
This anglicism is a word that combines the term “skin”, which refers to the skin, and the word “minimalism” which refers to a simpler, more refined way of consumption.
The idea is to reduce the number of products we use on our face to obtain a healthy and radiant skin, with the objective of making skin care routines more accessible to those who do not have the budget or the time to apply a dozen different products every day.
Why has this trend exploded?
There were three major arguments in favor of skinimalism, or purified skin care routine.
- The first one is obviously time: many people prefer to limit the time spent in the bathroom, having a very busy schedule.
- The second is the practical aspect: accumulation takes up a lot of space and is therefore not more efficient: sometimes it is better to choose quality over quantity.
- The last argument takes into account the ecological aspect, because collecting bottles and flasks that are not always recyclable is obviously not good for the planet.
Who are the followers of skinimalism?
Among those who are called “skinimalists”, we find all those skincare addicts who do not have much time to spend on their skin and who prefer to use smart products and devices that allow them to optimize the results with a minimum of time and money spent. They are generally people who apply this consumption mode to their daily life.
What does a purified skincare routine look like?
It is generally based on 4 main products: a facial cleanser, a toner, a moisturizer and a sun protection.
These essentials are in theory everything that the skin needs to stay healthy. However, there are a few products that can be added to meet specific skin needs and problems.
How to simplify your skincare routine?
If you too want to adopt the skinimalism trend, we suggest you follow these tips:
- Take inventory of all the products you currently use, and ask yourself if they are really helpful to your skin’s well-being. When in doubt, stick to the 4 essentials we’ve listed above and see how your skin reacts.
- Look for multifunctional products that combine several desired effects: a moisturizer with SPF, or a lip balm that can be used as a blush, for example.
- Don’t be afraid to try and find out what works best for you. There’s no perfect routine: the important thing is to find the products that work for you.
What is the most important step in a minimalist skincare routine?
A routine must always be personalized according to your skin’s needs and treat your skin problems, without skipping the 4 fundamental steps we mentioned earlier. And, if we can’t prioritize these 4 steps, we would like to stress the importance of cleansing.
Skinimalism enthusiasts will find all its interest in the concept of double-cleansing, which consists of first removing makeup with an oil and then washing and rinsing the face with water to remove all remaining makeup residue and impurities.
This process is all the more effective as it allows you to clean your skin thoroughly on a daily basis without damaging the natural skin barrier.
Discover the perfect cleansing brush for your skin: LUNA™ by FOREO
The concept of skinimalism is above all based on well-being, not perfection: the objective is above all to pamper oneself, because taking care of oneself should not be a luxury.
And taking care of oneself goes first and foremost through the idea of taking care of one’s skin. To do this, there is nothing better than a good facial cleansing brush! LUNA™ by FOREO allows you to gently and effectively cleanse your skin in just that way. It’s a real revolution in the world of beauty.
Easy to use, this little technological gem is safe to use and has a very long lasting battery, making it a good investment for your skin. It gently and thoroughly cleanses the face for a more youthful appearance, thanks to its ultra-hygienic silicone pimples and T-Sonic pulses. Say goodbye to 99.5% of impurities: LUNA™ unclogs pores in just one minute and improves the absorption of your favorite skincare products: enough to boost your new “skinimalist” routine!